Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy Friday

"Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it."--Buddha


Good Morning Everyone!

Right now the sun is shining and a cool breeze crisps the morning air. After several days of what seemed like never ending rain, the clouds have parted and once more bright yellow sunlight flashes a sky the color of turquoise.

That said, it has been a busy week. I have been busy at my craft, working at what it is I like to do and doing it to my heart's content, and living my life to its fullest.

I read.

I just finished reading "Life," by Keith Richards.

If you are looking for a memorable memoir, something that will stick to the roof of your brain long after you have turned the last page, then this is the book to read

Awesome. Shocking. Funny. Outrageous.

Wednesday was spent playing with grandchildren, H and Z.

These two kids, ages 1 and almost 3, are a tonic.

Feel a bit off, hug a child.

To me, all children are grand!

I like to do something educational with my grandkids, so whenever we get together, I plan ahead.

This week we did a library visit. Z is learning about magnets and H is reading a book on "Tractors" and working wooden puzzle pieces.

Yesterday I did my thing--I like to sleep late, walk briskly, flick the t.v. stations, read, write, sketch, journal *I call it Joy-naling* and softly usher in inspiration. There is no right way, or wrong way when it comes to plying the craft of writing. Just your way.

I do it my way. I take it slow.

There's a lot on my plate--I got an essay for a writing contest in the works, and a few other writing assignments, plus working on a new endeavor.

Well, it is time for me to get back to work. Here are a few photos highlighting my great week.

Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I did living them.


This is my kid brother, R. Tuesday night we shared dinner and talked about old times. Afterwards, we kept the conversation going and stopped at a local park before calling it a night. While Richy smoked a cigarette, I snapped a photo.

This is Big Blue. Big Blue is my car. I have no idea why I stuck a photo of BB in here.

Z at the library working a magnetic table.

H working a puzzle.

Sketching what is in front of me.

What is in Front of Me -- My Sketch

What is in Front of Me -- The real thing.


Say goodnight Linda. Goodnight Linda.

Thanks for stopping by, dear writer-reader.

All best wishes in pushing your pen.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir"
Come joynal with me. Your book is yet to be.

1 comment:

Shary said...

What a complex sketch, Linda. You go. And the photo of Z. is adorable. Happy Friday! -- Sharyn