Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Brazen Fox - Happy Thursday

"Love life, engage in it, give it all you've got, love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it."--Maya Angelou



One of the things I like about being a writer is the ability to be able to give back to my community, the people who greet me each day as I make my way through my harried hurried happy world *if only in my head*. I like that I am welcomed at Tommy's Deli Cafe' for a roast beef with mayo, lettuce and tomato, on rye; Chillemi's Shoe Repair, Audio Visions car stereo systems, Ro Ro Garage, and more. Today, this bright sunny Thursday where ice balls the size of baseballs fell three days ago in an apocalyptic storm, I sit in a nearby local Barnes & Noble doing my writing thing and remembering Tuesday night at The Brazen Fox.

Located at 175 Mamaroneck Avenue in the heart of White Plains, New York--That's 22 miles north from where the World Trade Center used to be--each Tuesday night, TBF offers a lobster special. Fresh lobsters are flown in from Maine especially for this event and for the kingly sum of $24.95, one 1 1/2 pound red guy with banded claws can be had, along with fork tender baked potato and grilled ear of corn on the cob.

Yum.

This writer has experienced this lobster feast more than once. Each time I return, the taste is more delicious than the time before. Pinky swear. I'm just saying.

If you happen to get to The Brazen Fox, be sure to say hi to Peter, the gracious host who remembers me by first name and welcomes me with open arms and warm handshake.

Oh yes, and one more thing: The Bailey's cheese cake for dessert is to die for.


Room With a View -- Cozy air conditioned tables available inside, upstairs.

Appetizers include coconut shrimp, my favorite; and steamed dumplings. *Sorry, I ate the coconut shrimp before I could snap picture.

Dinner is served. Yum!



Yes, dinner was so delicious, I went back the next week for my lobster fix.

This is a picture of dessert: Bailey's Cheese Cake--Oops, I ate it.

Perfect Ending
P. S. The Brazen Fox is "kid friendly." So, no excuses.

Coconut shrimp *what's left for a friend* and fresh made honey mustard*

Grand Daughter, Zoey, age 1 year.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir"
...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Well if I’m ever in NY, and have money, I’ll be sure to check out The Brazen Fox.
There’s a small cafĂ© that my writer friends and I go to almost every Friday night. Kyle, our waiter, knows me on a first name basis too, and even guesses what I’ll order on any given night. He narrows it down to two or three of my favorites, then asks, “Will it be the mixed salad or the grilled chicken on whole wheat….?” Nothing like being a regular and feeling appreciated.

cath said...

What an enticement. The photos and description are wonderful. Makes me wish I was there. :D