Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Audio Visions of Westchester - Have laptop Will Write

Today is Westchester Thursday. Westchester Thursday is the day all writers celebrate living in the best county in New York State!

Not really.

I just got a vivid imagination as my dear departed husband, Ed Sclier, used to say and I made the whole thing up.

It's fun to pretend.

And when you are a writer practicing writing practice writing about what you do is what it's all about.

Today Little Red *Little Red is my little red car* awakened with a sore throat. Every time I turned the volume up on Little Red's radio, I heard a crackle in my ears. The crackle was so loud I couldn't hear the music blasting the boom box in Little Red's dash making me worry the little guy somehow got a sore throat.

What's a owner of a little red car to do?

Audio Visions is the car stereo place located at 49 Russell Street in White Plains *that's near the County Center, around the corner from County Center and where the old Department Motor Vehicle place used to be to all my local readers in cyber space who know Westchester County, NY* and that's where I took Little Red soon as I packed the trunk with all my writing material, i.e., pens, notebooks, scraps of writing practice, stuff like that.

Everyone is very nice at Audio Visions.

And I do mean very nice. And professional!

Did you know that 3 1/2" Miata speakers are no longer available?

That's a yupper, or is that a noper?

Seems Little Red is so old, they just don't make little 3 1/2" speakers for the head rest of that car any longer. As a matter of the fact *I'm taking literary license here and filling the page with clutter, mea culpa, hope you don't mind*, Miata doesn't even install speakers in a head rest same way as they did back in 1993.

Good news is new speakers are installed in the doors and my road buddy, Little Red, and we are back to cruising, snapping fingers, singing with top down to rhythm and beat of hard rock, rock rock, soft rock, country Western, and Rap...yeah, why not?...Sans "sore throat."

This is Little Red--Poor guy woke up with a "sore throat."
This is Little Red waiting his turn to get his "throat" checked.

This is Hailey, Owner Manny's great dog--a friendly loveable Pit Bull.

That's Paul behind the counter...Or, is it Robert, or Manny, or...*sorry, can't remember.* Mea culpa.

Pick a radio. Any radio. Go ahead. I dare you.

Writing Quote:

"A dream is just a dream until it is written down. Only then does it become a goal."--From the book, "Think and Grow Rich, Three Feet from Gold," by Sharon L. Lechter & Greg S. Reid


Writing Tip:

Don't be afraid to make something up--it's called fiction. *honest. whoever heard a car having a sore throat anyway?*lol

Now go write something.

I dare you!

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of
"A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir"

1 comment:

Debbie said...

You do have a wild imgination and I love your writing style and your little red buddy!

You should try some throat drops for his sore throat... :P just saying