Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Johnny Depp Buys Linda Della Donna Lunch




Last night Johnny Depp calls. Johnny Depp says is this Linda? I say yes. Johnny Depp says Linda Della Donna, author of "A Gift of Love?" I say yes yes yes. He says your agent is a friend of mine, he says your agent sent me your manuscript, he says we're thinking of making your book into a movie. Johnny Depp says can we meet for lunch?

Well, not really. But, now that I got your attention, remember this:

When you write a book, you got to have a hook.

Make your opening, first sentence, first paragraph, first word enticing, something to draw your reader in and keep them reading.

Time to pick up your pen and write something.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Author of
"A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir"

8 comments:

Roy A. said...

Great post!
You're ready for Madison Avenue- only 22 miles of traffic to traverse!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the tips Linda, the Johnny Depp lunch would have be sweet :)

Debra said...

I love it! It works too :)

Anna L. Walls said...

Well, that was for sure a hook. To get a phone call from Johnny Depp would be something to take one's breath away. hahaha

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've found a small traditional publisher now, but I'm not all that sure how much different than self-publishing that will be, just much less expensive.

Pa Ul said...

interesting post :)

David Wagner said...

Bah, you got me! No wonder this is your most popular post. Very effective.

Dave the Goof

Doreen Pendgracs said...

You are so clever, Linda! You really had me there with the Johnny Depp intro! We can all dream, can't we?

LindaDellaDonna said...

Thank you one and all for stopping by and reading my blog. Johnny Depp is a good friend of mine. I will be sure to share your comments next lunch meetup. Just kidding. About Johnny, not the thank you.

Linda Della Donna