Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Writer's Way

Today is Sunday, June 12, 2011. Weatherman predicts less humidity, milder temperatures and chance of rain. That's the forecast for White Plains, New York.

I am seated at a desk in a hotel room somewhere in another state. Weatherman has issued a tornado watch for the entire county for the next hour.

I cannot tell you where I am. I cannot reveal why I am here.
 
I made a promise I wouldn't do that, silly, that's why. If you've been following my blog for as long as I've been writing it, you know what happens when I make a promise--

I keep it.



I love writing. I like that I kept my promise to write a book and now seek publication. I love taking photos of how I spend my time, the places I visit, people I meet, activities I participate in, stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with anything except to me.

Here are photos of my day, today, Sunday, June 12, 2011. Keep in mind what you read here is all about my book, A Gift of Love, A Widow's Journey. What I post here is all about my writing journey. :



Off to see the Wizard--The Wizard of OZ, of course.
Follow the yellow brick road--in this case, I-95

Even a good witch takes time for a break.

Ahhhh, Emerald City gives jelly beans.

...Assorted flavors, too!

Ahhh, maybe tomorrow. Can't see the Mighty OZ without a hearty breakfast.

I'm all unpacked. As every writer knows, no bedside is complete without bedside pad and paper. *Mighty OZ thinks of everything!

No flying monkeys here. I checked. Looked under both beds.
Writing Quote:


"The closer you get, the greater the resistance."--Natalie Goldberg

Writing Tip:


"Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them -- in order that the reader may see what they are made of."--Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Now, go write something. I dare you.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

3 comments:

Debra said...

Those flying monkeys will keep you up at night girl! And they will produce nightmares too, so it’s good you DID check under those beds. Smart girl!
Give my regards to the Wiz.

Sharyn Dimmick said...

Nice fountain pen!

Tim Greaton said...

Great writing tip. I once heard it another way: love your characters then hurt them over and over again. :-(