Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hello Sunday

Photo courtesy of Brian D. Perskin


"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!" --Mr. Rogers


There's a soft breeze ruffling my window curtain and in a little while I'll be sifting through a manuscript.

Since completing, A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir, I can't count how many times I've combed through it wearing the editor's cap.

I've polished, checked, and rechecked for clutter, proper punctuation, grammar, tense, chronology and more, to make certain it is ready for submission to an agent, or publisher.

Well, hello Sunday, today I do it again.

There's a strategy to all this proofreading. And, it has to do with marketing.


Drum roll please.


I have decided to self-publish.


Writing Quote:

"Literature is simply the appropriate use of language."--Evelyn Waugh

Writing Tip:

"Once you have learned to trust your own voice and allowed that creative force inside you to come out, you can direct it..."--Natalie Goldberg

1 comment:

David said...

Congrats on making it to this step of the journey :) It's a point must writers never achieve and I can only hope to be editing a completed manuscript someday. Enjoy the moment!!