Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Thursday

Today I am *hand over mouth* years old.

One year ago, I was homeless.

I didn't have a place to live;

I didn't have a friend *it felt like that anyway*,

and worse, I didn't have a book, a book I promised Ed I would write.

The story of how and why I lived in and out of  my car with my small dog and his little cat while looking for a place to live is best left for another book, or, perhaps the interview I dream of with women of  The View after The Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir, is published.

For now, this much I will share:

Reality can be a cruel teacher, as this writer will attest.

A year ago, all I had was the clothes on my back, a pen, a spiral bound notebook and a dream.

When I stopped crying and feeling sorry for myself, I doodled my dream on paper, then I papered the walls and doors of the place I now lovingly call home.

From creating space to live in, editing all my worldly possessions, to outlining my book while living life in a work zone, I look back at the last year of my life and realize I did it. After that, I am immediately reminded of the line in the Alka-Seltzer commercial:

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." 

 If life is change, than I'm example. And proud to share:




Dream

My birthday, 2010 - I call this The Way It Was.
Outline for "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir"
2011 - This year's birthday--Flowers AND a card
AND dinner with a friend. The view from a table at Mulino's
What a difference a year makes.



Writing Tip:

When writing for children, never write down to them, or underestimate their intelligence. Kids hate this.--Scott Edelstein

Writing Quote:

"The art of writing is the art of applying the seat of the pants to the seat of the chair."--Mary Heaton Vorse

Now go write something. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

1 comment:

Sonia Rumzi said...

You are inspiring. I am glad to discover your through this blog tour. What a trip! Following you now!