Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Favorite Dog Quotes

Favorite Dog Quotes:

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater. . . suggest that he wear a tail."--Fran Lebowitz


"The more people I meet the more I like my dog."--Unknown

"A really companionable and indispensable dog is an accident of nature. You can't get it by breeding for it, and you can't buy it with money. It just happens along."--E. B. White

"I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now."--Steven Wright



"Dogs are miracles with paws."--Susan Kennedy

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich."--Louis Sabin

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."--Ben Williams

"Dogs' lives are too short.  Their only fault, really."--Agnes Sligh Turnbull

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.--Gilda Radner

" One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why."--Author Unknown

" Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job."--Franklin P. Jones

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?  But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window."--Steve Bluestone



"The greatest love is a mother's; then a dog's; then a sweetheart's."--Polish Proverb
 
A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
--Author Unknown


"Happiness is a warm puppy."--Charles M. Schulz


"I loathe people who keep dogs.  They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves."--Author Unknown


"If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise."--Author Unknown


"A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down."--Robert Benchley


"The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother - and they'll settle for a puppy every time."--Winston Pendelton
 
"I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl."--Ward Moser


"I love a dog.  He does nothing for political reasons."--Will Rogers


 Dogs of Westchester County




Hi! My name is Casey
Hi! I'm Angel and this is my person.
I just want something to eat. Go away. I bite.
I'm Rascal. I have no idea why or how I got that name. I'm a Golden Doodle.  

R.I.P.


 Writing Quote:


"Your current reality is merely a reflection of what is occurring in your mind."--The Power of Gratitude

Writing Tip:

Don't be afraid to toot your own horn. It's called marketing. 

Now, go write something. I dare you.


See you in print


Linda Della Donna
Author of
"A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir"







1 comment:

Tim Greaton said...

Great series of quotes, Linda. I'm still smiling. Here's another (I think from me :-): My dog used to make me feel good about finally being the boss...until I suddenly realized I feed her, water her, and take her for walks when she groans. Maybe I should try a turtle.