Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Last Time I Saw Hunter

"There's nothing worse than being cornered by a writer at a party and listening to him drone on, with every other sentence beginning As I say in my book."--Betsy Lerner


There are days I have no idea what to write about in my blog. Today is one of those days. If I write about myself, I worry I become the self-absorbed character Betsy Lerner describes in the quote above, a character fault I do not want to possess, nor promote in myself or that of another writer. But, to be fair, in order to be a good marketing writer, blowing one's own horn is essential and a common thread we all weave.


For that reason, today I share the story of Hunter--Hunter is my grandson. He is 2 years old. Once a week, sometimes twice a week, I get to spend time with that little guy. The last time I saw Hunter, this is what we did:

This is Hunter preparing his lunch specialty-- mini pizzas


All pizza needs just the right amount of mozzarella cheese.


Pizzas in the oven, Hunter waves a magic hand and keeps a watchful eye.


Shhhh. Hunter took a peek at the pizzas. I have no idea why.


Pizza. Done!

Spending time with grandson, Hunter, teaching him how to make mini pizzas, sharing moments of marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese is like writing.  I take it slow. I focus. I am in the moment. Everything is done one step at a time. And of course, it is a labor of love.


Writing Quote (Words of Inspiration):

 "Nothing happens unless first a dream."--Carl Sandburg

Writing Tip:

"...Submitting  your work fifty times or revising it as many times as you have to may be what separates the sung from the unsung."--Betsy Lerner

Thanks for reading. Now, go write something.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

P. S. Be sure to stop by griefcase and read my other blog.

No comments: