Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!



Good Morning World!

Today is Sunday, May 1, 2011. This date has special meaning to me.

23 years ago, May 1, I married Edward Louis Sclier.

7 years ago, May 1, Edward Louis Sclier died.

7 years ago, May 1, I promised I would write a book.

Today, May 1, I celebrate Ed's death. And the book I wrote.

In the years since burying the best friend a girl ever had, a lot has happened in my life.

I sold a home; I moved. I got a boyfriend, became a grandmother, twice! I moved, got rid of a boyfriend, and I wrote my book.

All I can say about this part of my life is to echo Virginia Slims' words,

"You've come a long way, baby!"

And, most certainly , I have.

My book, "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir," is written.

Finally.

And now I work at marketing.

Will my book get published the traditional way?

Well, that, dear reader, is the million dollar question which continues to wrestle my brain. I gotta admit I stand at the precipice of decision debating should I, could I, will I.

It's not about the book, it's more about the journey, and the lessons learned along the way.

Writing Tip:

Write from your heart. It's all inside you. Just keep writing. Commit to writing practice. Honor it. Your story will bubble up. Let it.

Writing Quote:

"Nothing gives an author so much pleasure as to find his works respectfully quoted by other learned authors."--Benjamin Franklin


See you in print,

xxoo:)L

No comments: