Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We're baaaaaaaaaaack! By Popular Demand!


Did you ever have the feeling that you wanted to go,
But still had the feeling that you wanted to stay,
You knew it was right, wasn't wrong.
Still you knew you wouldn't be very long.
Go or stay, stay or go,
Start to go again and change your mind again.
It's hard to have the feeling that you wanted to go,
But still have the feeling that you wanted to stay.
Do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do.
I'll go.
I'll stay
.

Dear Reader,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. And the neighborhood is the great place I live.

A short while ago, I started interviewing neighborhood business owners and placing their information on BookOrBust. Nothing fancy. Just a few photos snapped and some words telling about the great people who work hard serving my community.

I started with the Chillemi Brothers, did a spot on Tommy's Deli and a few others.

I did it because I felt good about where I live and wanted to give back to the smiling faces who welcomed me when I moved back to Westchester County one year ago.

Last week, I shut down BookOrBust. Seems the monkeys got lose and invaded my office; I decided nobody was paying any attention to words I wrote, I was harboring guilt over something I wrote, and anyway, that was then and this is now.

Today, on my way to the post office to mail off my manuscript, "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir," I got the greatest reward this writer can receive--Words of Gratitude, and what were you thinking?


Okay. Okay. Okay.

BookOrBust is back. And so is Westchester Wednesday!

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."


Writing Tip:

Keep the hand moving. Be clear. Lay down authentic details.--Natalie Goldberg

No comments: