Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Linda Della Donna Says Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa



Today I feel like Jake Houseman in "Dirty Dancing."   "When I'm wrong. I say I'm wrong."

Well, today I am wrong.

During the course of this past week, I wrote about a friend. I took information this friend twixed me out of context. I jumped to a conclusion. I committed a grievous offense against someone special, especially to me. As Jake Houseman in "Dirty Dancing," said to Baby, "When I'm wrong. I say I'm wrong." And, that's what it is I am saying in my BookOrBust blog entry today.

As a writer, I should know better. In 1839, Edward Bulwer-Lytton author of "The Last Days of Pompeii," warned, "The pen is mightier than the sword." Today, I have cut a good friend's heart. Someone who has demonstrated good deeds, kind loving behavior, and supported me in darkest hours.

Shame on me.

I forget what brought me to the blank page in the first place--mastering language, smithing words, crafting sentences to inspire others to do good things, move forward, laugh, dance, sing, and write.

Once upon a time, I wondered what to write about. I learned in Writing 101, to write what you know. Well, I know about a lot of things. I got a son, he's an interesting person; I got a daughter-in-law, she's a wonderful woman; I got a couple of grand kids, and friends, of course I can write about them. I also know about me. And, I decided a long time ago, because I value a son's, daughter's-in-law, grand childrens' and friends friendships, and respect their privacy, I'll leave them to write about themselves, I'll stick to writing about me. If I fall in love, I write it. If I bury a man. I write that. If I make transgressions, well, I write that, too.

This past week I attended an event. It was held in a location I can't write about. I met wonderful exciting writer people, just like you, just like me. I want to write about these great men and women who have lived life with loss; their stories are exciting, compelling, painful. I want to write it in my blog, write it on my website, write a book about them. But I can't. That is because I don't have permission--Theirs! I signed papers agreeing I can't do that. I took an awful chance snapping photos and placing them on BookOrBust.

Last week a friend did something good and wonderful for me. And I did something stupid and dumb back at him. I misinterpreted words in a twix message. I was away in a different city. I was handling more balls than I can juggle with six hands. I was feeling strange in a strange place. It's no excuse. I did a terrible thing and added insult to injury and wrote about it on my blog.

I am 200% wrong.

It is difficult to believe I could be so cold, and heartless.

From the bottom of my heart, my sincerest apologies.


What I want you to know, dear reader, is I heartily apologize to JSB.

 I am wrong. You are right.


There will be no  more BookOrBust blog entries.

To readers, God Speed.

I created BookOrBust to chronicle my book writing journey. My book is written.

Thanks for reading.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Founder/Director
Griefcase.

No comments: