Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Life Is What We Make It...


"I want to feel passion, I want to feel pain. I want to weep at the sound of your name. Come make me laugh, come make me cry... just make me feel alive."
--Joey Lauren Adams, American Actress, b.1968

Tonight I made a new friend. Meet Roslyn Franken, Author of "The A List."



I am surrounded by people I have never met. There is a man from Dallas, a woman from Boca Raton, and another lady from Sydney.


The man from Dallas says his wife was murdered. He smiles broadly. He fingers his shock of white hair, and sets his large green eyes into mine. He says I attempted suicide. He takes a breath. He says my grandson got run down on a highway. Got killed dead. He sips a a drink and says God doesn't give us more than we can handle.


A woman, her hair the color of lemonade, says I wrote a book. It is my story. She says I suffered from mercury poisoning She says I wound up in a wheel chair. I want my story, she says, made into a movie.

A man, he resembles Tony Orlando, nibbles a thumb sized hot dog. He licks a dab of mustard from a finger, and looks my way. He sees me push my pen across a blue lined page. He says hello. He says his name. He says I wrote a book. I smile. I listen. He starts and before he can finish what it is he wants to tell me, a man taps my shoulder. I wrote a book, Mr. Interrupter says. Tony Orlando man and I turn and listen attentively.


I am in New York City, aka, The Big Apple, attending a party for artists, writers, authors and anyone with a voice, or not, hawking their hook. In this room with view of 31st Street, are individuals with a story to share, book to tout, or product to birth. Outside this room, a bolt of lightning flashes the darkened window, and roar of thunder claps the air. And nobody, I mean nobody stops what it is they are doing, or what it is they are saying.

I wrote my book. I am following my dream.


Writing Tip:

Follow your passion.

Writing Quote:

"To improve your love life, you must first learn to love yourself first." --overheard at an author's writing workshop.

Go write something. I dare you!

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

No comments: