Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, April 29, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the Westchester Neighborhood!



Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry."--Polonius


Now that my book, "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir," is written, it is time for me to begin work at marketing it. I am that little piggy crying wee-wee-wee all the way home thinking how huge a task it is for this first-time, unknown author seeking traditional publication. I liken it to catching fog with a butterfly net.

The photo above is a picture of the four mailing boxes containing my manuscripts amounting to more than five years' work. I mailed them out Tuesday, book rate; cost? $18.78. In my excitement to get to the post office and send out my work, I left  my wallet home. I got so annoyed with myself, I dashed across the street to Tommy's Deli and borrowed $20 from a man I hardly knew sitting at a table drinking coffee. Thank you, Frank C, wherever you are!

Good news is manuscripts are in the mail, and Frank C is paid in full--On my way to pick up grand children for the day yesterday, I stopped off at Tommy's Deli and handed Frank C a twenty dollar bill.

Fingers crossed my work makes it to its final destination and puts me one step closer to me fulfilling my promise. *Gosh, be careful what you promise, gang. It's 7 years I'm working mine.*

Writing Tip:

Get yourself a good camera. Maybe if you're really nice, someone really nice will buy you one and make it a present. Carry a notebook. Carry a pen. Aim, focus, shoot. Record all five senses. Than write all about them in detail. Be specific. Don't say, car. Say, blue Subaru, instead.

Writing Quote:


"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it; Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


Now go write something.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Founder, Director
Griefcase
"If I can write a book, so can you!"

No comments: