Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Happy Saturday


"I like Cinderella, I really do. She has a good work ethic. I appreciate a good, hard-working gal. And she likes shoes. The fairy tale is all about the shoe at the end, and I'm a big shoe girl."  Amy Adams




One week ago today my grandchildren came for a visit. H and Z are 2 and 1 years old, respectively. They are a lot of fun to play with and I love them to the moon and beyond.

Most especially, I like to hold them in my arms. I like to squeeze and hug each one. Sometimes they cry at me when I do this. I have no idea why.

We went for a walk. Going for a walk with two grandbabies is a challenge. I must use a double stroller. A double stroller is a carriage with two seats, one in front, one in back. And sometimes when we go for our walk, things get out of hand.

Hey, there are two of them and only one of me. Remember?

Big brother H says no when I say to him to sit in the front of the stroller. Big brother H says no to a lot of things lately. Z likes that no word, too. Thank you very much, H.

Anyway, sometime after the peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crusts cut off, the buckle on the cowmooflage car seat not buckling and the binky going missing, I noticed Z was wearing one shoe. I had no idea what happened to that other shoe. And when two babies scream at you that they are hungry, one little lost shoe becomes insignificant. Apparently.

Today is a good day.

I call it happy Saturday. And the reason is simple:

Because, EUREKA! I FOUND THAT ^&*() SHOE!



Writing Tip:

Not to worry if you lose your thought when writing. Just keep your hand moving, scribble the thought you thought you thought, and when you least expect it, your thought, the one you thought you lost, will reappear.

Writing Quote:

"My advice to anybody writing a memoir is: Be prepared for the revelation of things you don't even dream are going to come up."--Henry Louis Gates, Jr.


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

No comments: