Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Day With Hunter and Zoey

"What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change, and they give me a million dollars' worth of pleasure." ~Gene Perret

Yesterday I spent adoring my adorable grand children, Hunter and Zoey, ages 2 and 11 months. Just typing their names puts a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye. I can't begin to describe the joy I feel each time I hold, hug and cuddle their tiny butt on my hip.



Our day began at McDonald's sharing pancakes, buttermilk biscuits and sausage patties. It was 7:30 a.m. in the morning and except for Hunter, Zoey and me, the playground area was empty. Did you know I fit in that tube above my head and Hunter and I crawled through together. Making memories is what I call it, and the music of Hunter's and Zoey's joyful laughter is planted securely in my head. Self-absorbed, or self-absorbent? I have no idea.


No visit with Hunter and Zoey would be complete without a walk to the neighborhood playground.


Despite losing Zoey's cherished bottle on the long walk home, Hunter's treasured stuffed animal *hey, two toddlers is a handful and there's a lot going on* at the end of the day, we made it back home, all snuggly and warm.




xxoo:)L

No comments: