Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tommy's Deli Cafe - It's White Plains Wednesday!

"To be occasionally quoted is the only fame I hope for."--Alexander Smith



Dear Writers,

Three years ago, I made a U turn with my writing.

I stopped.

I moved away.

Eleven months ago I made a U turn.

Again.

I started writing.

Again.

I moved back to the county I grew up in.


The rest is history. My book is written, I'm working at hooking an agent and publisher and I'm making new friends in my new neighborhood.

As beloved Mr. Rogers used to sing, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."


Today, I share the story of Tommy's Deli Cafe' the place I go for a morning cup of coffee and often to sit and write.

It's a friendly place, located on North Broadway in North White Plains. In summertime, when weather is warm, Tommy cranks out the awning, sets up tables and chairs and serves customers outdoors. Tommy also has free WiFi.


Meet Katherine, "Favorite Deli Girl"


That's Tommy hiding behind the deli counter. He's preparing a container of macaroni salad for a customer.

There's always a line for coffee at Tommy's Deli Cafe'


Next door to Tommy's Deli Cafe' is a gas station. It's where I drop the Corolla whenever it needs repair. What a treat it is to sip a hot cup of fresh-brewed coffee, read The Journal News, and sit among friends while waiting for my car to be fixed.

The gas station? Well, I'll tell you about that neighbor next White Plains Wednesday.


Writing Tip:

What's that, you say? You got no platform? Need a thousand "friends" on facebook, a thousand followers on Twitter? to hook an agent. I say, start small. Look around your own neighborhood, dear writer. And just remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Pay it forward.

Writing Quote:

"It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous." --Robert Benchley


Now go write something.

I dare you!

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
www.griefcase.net
(the other blog)

No comments: