Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, March 4, 2011

Panera Bread and Me - What I Like/What I Don't Like

"Make every day delicious!"--Off a sign at Panera Bread

Good Morning at Panera Bread. That's Trevor, my favorite manager.

Dear Reader,

Often this writer packs a briefcase and heads out the door to a place where everybody goes--or, so it seems--a place with fresh baked bread, hot rolls, pecan pastries, and chicken vegetable soup.

Since writing is a solo event, I like that three skips and  two jumps from whee I live is Panera Bread, the place where Trevor, the manager, says hi Linda, and knows what size coffee cup to give me and what my favorite sandwich is.

While lawyers, secretaries, nurses, doctors, and city court judges working in surrounding brick buildings take time from their office schedules to stop by at lunchtime to sit at short squat round tables and nosh chicken salad on a sesame seed roll with side of Greek salad, and do it in a rush, I get to do what I love--people watch, and write.

I like that I have no time, save my own and if I run late, I like I have nobody to report to, except, of course, me. I like after 40 years of working a day job, I got the luxury of retirement and the delayed bonus to follow my passion. It's a wonderful thing, and I am grateful.

This is the table Linda sits at and writes. See her stuff?


Well, that's enough about me and my day.

Today is Friday. I like that.

The sky is blue as the save button on this page. Blue is my favorite color, well, one of them, anyway. I like that.

The wind is honking 20 knots, and this writer is working at her labor of love--Writing! Yes. I like that.






Writing Tip:

Ray Bradbury says find something you love to do and make it your job. He says if you do, you will never work another day in your life. I think that Ray Bradbury guy is a very smart man. I think that very very much.

What I don't like? Hmmm. Can't think of anything at the moment.:)L

Writing Quote:


"Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is character."--Horace Greeley (1811-1872)

See you in  print,

Linda Della Donna
Founder/Director
www.griefcase.net

No comments: