Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Linda Della Donna Does Griefcase Talk Radio Dress Rehearsal

"In this grave hour f**k f**k f**k perhaps the most fateful in our history bugger s**t s**t."--King George, the movie character in "The King's Speech"



Griefcase Talk Radio Dress Rehearsal
 And, yes, that white speck on my teal silk blouse is, you guessed it, bird poop.
What a nice birdie.


Dear Reader,


I'm checking in to let you know I've been hard at work building my platform, something I should have been working on as I wrote my book, and didn't. 

I'm one of those individuals who has trouble chewing gum and walking at the same time. Suffice it to say, multitasking is not one of my strong points, and now I am left to the arduous task of getting my name out in the public domain in order to hook an agent.

Mea culpa.

I liken the task creating a platform and hunting an agent for my book, "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir" to climbing Mt. Everest in flip-flops.

Today was Griefcase Talk Radio dress rehearsal. And yes, I was scared.

In walks Richy D. He's got the recording equipment and more than 40 years experience in the recording business. Today, he directed me through the process of what it was I am petrified to do. I say was, because after this morning working out the kinks and me getting used to a microphone in my snoot, I'm ready as I'll ever be for Griefcase's first radio show.

Just to let you know, my first guest is Dr. Susan A. Berger, author of "The Five Ways We Grieve, Finding Your personal Path to Healing after the Loss of a Loved One."

The photo you see above was snapped during today's first dress rehearsal at producer, Richy D.'s studio.

That bird is not my bird. It belongs to Richy D. and for some strange reason, it fluttered out its cage and landed on my shoulder just as the Nikon clicked. See that white speck on my silk teal blouse?

That's bird language for good luck.

Hope you'll tune in Sunday, April 3, at 10:30 a.m. EST and listen to encouraging words from Dr. Berger.

Now go write something. 

I dare you.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
Founder, Director
www.griefcase.net

No comments: