Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, March 14, 2011

Kripalu, Julia Cameron, "The Artist's Way" - What I Did This Weekend

"...I am good. And good things come to me." --From "Prayers to the Great Creator," pp 261-268, by Julia Cameron


North of where I live, about 2 1/2 hours by car (if you don't get lost, hang a west turn, and go by way of Boston), is Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. This weekend, this writer attended Julia Cameron's, "A Workshop on The Artist's Way: Creative Myths and Monsters."

As every writer knows, Julia Cameron, author of 31 books, wrote "The Artist's Way."

What every writer may not know is how down to earth and sweet Julia Cameron truly is and what an enjoyable teacher she is.

Says Julia of her celebrity, "Please don't put me on a pedestal just because I wrote a book."



This is Kripalu. It is large and sits grandly on 350 acres in the Berkshires.


This is my room. Dig that view. I slept with the window open, blinds up, and inhaling fresh mountain air the entire weekend. Ahhhh, a slice of joy!


Here's that view out my window, again. How lucky can a writer get?

This is the cafe' in the Main Building. This is where you get on a long line for that coveted cup of morning coffee.


In every stairwell, on every landing is a wondrous quote lending food for thought.
Here's my favorite quote.

This is the gift shop.



Saturday's writing assignment was to take a walk on the grounds.
This was my discovery: Rocks on Sticks.




Retreat completed, bags packed and Corolla trunk loaded, I bid fond farewell to Kripalu, Julia Cameron, her workshop, and the wonderful women and men artist friends I made.

As Julia Cameron announced at the end of  her workshop, "That's a wrap."


Writing Tip:

Seek out the company of other artists. They provide support, comfort, friendship and if you are lucky, may become your Believing Mirrors

Writing Quote:

"'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle."--Plato


What are you waiting for? Go write something. 


I dare you.


See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
www.griefcase.net *my other blog, silly*:)

No comments: