Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Day

Colored People: A Memoir
"You may have a fresh start any moment you choose,
for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down,
but the staying down."

 It's a new day! The sun is shining brightly out my window and good news is I'm moving along nicely with my book.

Thank you very much.

Writing Tip:

Pace yourself. You wouldn't sit down to a big meal and expect to eat it all in one bite. Same thing when writing, editing, and revising. Take it one bite at a time.

Writing Quote:

"My advice to anybody writing a memoir is: Be prepared for the revelation of things you don't even dream are going to come up."--Henry Louis Gates, Jr.

Now go write something.

Finger hug your pen. Set a clock timer for ten. Scribble.

I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Founder, Director
Griefcase.net

...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life.

No comments: