Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, January 21, 2011

Just Another Friday

"All writers, I think, are to one extent or another damaged. Writing is our way of repairing ourselves."
--John Steinbeck

Today is just another Friday and wouldn't you know it, another snow storm arrived during the night.

The photo above is a photo of a pile of old snow I snapped two days ago in front of the coffee shop where I stopped for coffee.

Believe it or not, there's a bicycle in that dump of white.

The person belonging to it works in the coffee shop. He chained it to the telephone pole the morning of our last storm--That was before the snow plow arrived and plowed snow and the worker's bike into a pile of frozen mess. 

Sheesh! And I think I got worries.

For weeks now, I have been fussing and fretting over writing my final chapter for my book. I keep thinking I'm a nobody with nothing to write about. I wonder who will read this crap. When I think about the worker with his bike plowed under a pile of snow, I get to thinking maybe I ain't got it so bad.

What do you think?

Writing Tip:

Know your audience. Write for them. If somebody thinks your work is too personal, too confessional--Stop that. It's none of your business.

Writing Quote:

See above.

Now go write something. 

I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Founder, Director

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

Love the quote of today. It is sooo true, and we probably save ourselves a ton of money in therapy (even if we do therapy lol) I'll say this over and over...YOU HAVE something TO SAY...and more than that NO ONE CAN SAY IT...BUT YOU!

<3 love ya...