Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Wednesday



"Beware of all writers who substitute initials for their given names--big ambitions are hiding behind those little old initials."--Betsy Lerner, "The Forest for the Trees"

Dear Reader,

The weather outside is snowy, sleety, slushy, rainy, icy and cold. Yikes. Every time I look out my window, Mama Nature changes the mix. Any minute I expect it to rain locusts.

I am working on the final chapter of my book. And I'm having a tough time. It's like squeezing a grape for a quart of milk. I call it a writing funk. Best description, it's like sliding down a bannister and finding out it's a razor blade.

My book is written, bu I am stuck in neutral.

I asked my writing coach, Suzanne Lieurance,  her advice.

It's nice to know my writing funk inspired Suzanne to write an article, How To Break Out Of A Writing Funk.

One of the things Suzanne advises writers suffering from writer's funk is do something un-writer related.

Okay.

There are a dozen meatballs simmering in a pan on the gas stove in my kitchen. TV is blasting Channel 2 News. I did the movie thing Sunday night, and tomorrow I promised I'd take the grand kids, we'll play jumpey-jump, choo-choo train, wheels of the bus, and watch ToyStory3. There is no writing today. Na da. Zip. Zilch. None. And already I feel the itch to fingerhug my pen. Wink-wink. I'm writing this post.

What about you? Are you suffering from writer's funk?

Writing Tip:

Editors and agents are turned off by letters chock-ful of misspellings (including the recipient's name), or those that assume a relationship where none exists. Query letters that sound as if they were penned by Crazy Eddie instead of a thoughtful writer tend to get deep-sixed."--Betsy Lerner, The Forest for the Trees

Writing Quote:


"I prefer to underwrite. Simple, clear as a country creek."--Truman Capote

Now go write something. Or, not.

I dare you.

See you in print,

L. D. Donna

No comments: