Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy Friday

If at first I don't succeed, it's try try try again.

It's a new day. There is more than 2' of snow outside my window. I can hear the whistle blow from a passing train, a signal the Brewster North train is on its way to Grand Central. I'm sitting here pondering the ending of my book. The one I had originally written no longer works. When I started my book, my life was headed in a different direction. As every reader knows, life is change. This writer is no exception.

So, it's back to the basics. Back to the drawing board. In my case, my outline, the one I taped to the door of my office when I first moved into my apartment. (You can see it in the picture posted above.) Back to sitting quiet, concentrating on the breath in my nose; back to slow walking, no talking, and doing writing practice.

It's all I know.

It's the best I can do.

What about you?

Writing Quote:

"Don't ask who's influenced me. A lion is made up the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all my life." --Giorgos Seferis

Go write something. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

I'm sooo behind on reading your blog I am ashamed of myself. That said, I am kind of gagging to get your book in my hot hands, so re-write and do it fast! LOL <3 YA!