Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy First Monday

Dear Reader,

Today is the first Monday of the first month of the New Year. It is sunny and bright here 20 miles north from where the World Trade Center use to be. This morning, I took a walk with Izzy, my aging rat terrier, and tiptoed through the puddles of melting snow, a sure sign this first Monday will be warm and more walks with Izzy, at least for awhile, will be snow-free.

Hope your New Year holiday was sparkly and bright and you are ready to get down to work. I am.

Today is a day of work. So, without further adieu, I just love that word, here's today's quote and writing tip for you:

Writing Quote: "Every spirit builds itself a house, and beyond its house a world, and beyond its world a heaven. Know then that world exists for you."--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Writing Tip: When sitting down to write, don't get distressed over the clutter of writing. It happens. If you strive to be perfect, write the perfect piece, perfectionism will ruin your shitty first draft. Tidiness for a writer is like holding your breath. Stop that. Just write, write, write. Then go back and edit, edit, edit.

Have a great writing day.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
...If I can write a book, so can you.

And one more thing, if you get the chance, feel free to stop by my website, http://www.griefcase.net/ - I'd love it if you requested my free e-book, Treasury of Quotations.

No comments: