Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, December 3, 2010

Breaking Down the Writing of the Bones

"Life is lived in short stories; we live in moments." --Unknown

While I work on rewrites and editing my book, I spend time away from my home office babysitting my two grandchildren. Outside, autumn leaves are falling. There is a nip in the air. Time to think about old man winter and firewood for heating the house. Today, the kids are taking a nap and I get to take a peek outdoors to see what the heck is all that noise!



This is George and his friend, John, using a log splitter. A log splitter is a machine used to split logs. The log splitter has a large circular saw blade. That blade makes a heck of a loud grinding noise as it rips through wood. It is not a toy and use of it is strictly for experienced workers, only.


This is George and John pushing a large log through the log splitter.


What it was--A pile of a large tree trunk cut into logs.
As logs are cut into smaller pieces, they are stacked and stored under the front porch. It's a job well-done! And when the temperature drops, George is ready!

When writing my book, I remember George and that truckload of tree a neighbor gave him. He didn't waste time. He dug in his heels, rolled up his sleeves, and went right to work. He took a big giant job and cut it down to size. With hard work, patience, determination and pushing one log at a time, over and over, again and again, he got the job done--He did it one log at a time!

Makes sense. Just like writing a book. Just like writing a blog. Just like editing a book. I have learned if I take one chapter and break it down, one paragraph, one sentence, one word at a time, I will get the job done, one log at a time. 

Now, it's time for me to get back in the house. The grandkids are up from their nap.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you!

Please remember to visit my website, www.griefcase.net and Facebook Fan Page
I'd love it if you gave a click and "Like" me

No comments: