Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Movable Office



It is six years I started writing my book. It is six months I landed in my teeny tiny apartment. I need an office. Right now my office is my laptop computer, file cabinet, printer, spiral notebooks, hard covered books, soft covered books, books, books and more books and any place I can place them safely temporarily. In the course of relocating, renovating and restructuring my life, I have set up, packed up, unpacked and reset up my office so many times in so many locations, I have lost count. I may as well paint an upside smile on my face, stick a poppy red balloon where my nose is, place everything on a rolling cart and join the circus.

Through the heat of summer, din of hammers, sawdust, paint fumes and sweated workmen, I persevere.

But, today I celebrate.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. And it isn't a screaming locomotive headed my way.

This time next week, I will have an office. The news is more than I can stand. I can hardly wait!

Writing Tip:

Do not address a query "Dear editor" or "Dear agent." Do your homework and find the right person's name.

Writing Quote:

"There's nothing worse than being cornered by a writer at a party and listening to him drone on, with every other sentence beginning As I say in my book."--Betsy Lerner

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Founder, Director
Griefcase
If I can write a book, so can you.

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

You go girl! From the looks of it, you are the Queen of notes!! HAAHA!

Love ya little lady!