Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Time To Be Grateful, Dear Reader


"And the day came when the risk [it took] to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
--Anais Nin

My book is in the hands of my mentor, a woman who has supported and encouraged me and my writing passion for more than ten years. Monday morning, at 2:55 a.m., I uploaded the document and hit send. Now my little darling is out there, all by its lonesome. Naughty or nice, it's in the hands of the editor. Like it or lump it, I'll discover when she's finished, what comes next.

It wasn't easy making my assigned deadline. It wasn't easy writing Chapters 6 and 7. They fought like unruly teenagers demanding more of me than I thought I could handle. One day I worked 18 hours straight. Three days, I worked 10 hours straight. But I did it.

In the course of these last six years, I have spent much time and emotional energy resisting change--writing this book. It is time for me to change that.

What about you? Got time to write your book? Why or why not?

Today's Writing Tip: "Each blade of grass has its Angel that bends over it and whispers, 'Grow, grow.'"--The Talmud

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

P. S. I'd love it if you'd check out my Facebook fan page and give a click. Go ahead. I dare you.

No comments: