Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Tuesday

"When we survive the death of a loved one, we are forever changed."--Susan A. Berger


Dear Reader,

I have good news and I have bad news.

Good news is my floor is done.

It is beautiful and I am very happy. The rug is down and yippee hooray boom boom, at long last, I have a living room.

Well, almost. Which brings us to the bad news.

The cabinets were delivered today. But...

The manufacturer made a goof. A goof is I am two cabinets short.

More bad news:

The sofa was due today. I say "was" because the sofa never made it on the delivery truck. Which means I spent one entire day waiting for a scheduled delivery that was never going to happen. Not nice.

It's okay. It's alright.

Cabinet manufacturer says they're working on getting me my two delinquent cabinets pronto and by this time next week, I should have my the prodigal cabinets should be at my door. Yeah, right.

As for the sofa. Well, the furniture store apologized. And they apologized. And they apologized. And they made a promise--and we all know about promises--So by this time tomorrow, my new sofa will be in my teeny tiny apartment and I'll be sitting prettily publishing my next blog post with pictures of everything, of course, of course.

Okay?

Okay.

Now for my writing tip:

Don't waste energy. When your writing doesn't flow, breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Then get back to the task of writing. Because if not today, well, maybe there's tomorrow.

Hope you remembered to vote.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

No comments: