Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy Sunday!

My Temporary Office




"...A good friend stands in harm's way for you the second you ask--But a great friend does it without being asked at all." --"The Rule of Four," by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason

Dear Reader,

It's a chilly morning here in Westchester, NY. All the leaves have fallen off all the trees and all the fallen leaves have been blown, bagged and carted away. I know. Because the noise the leafmen made outdoors blowing those leaves with noisy blower machines penetrated my teeny tiny apartment walls for hours making it near impossible to hear my workmen making noise inside. But that was yesterday. And today is a new day, a quiet day. And start of a new week. Happy Sunday!

Tomorrow is Monday and Monday is coach call. Despite construction site atmosphere *I must be the only writer who needs a hard hat and steel-toed shoes in order to get work done*, I have much to do. With so many renovations going on in the teeny tiny space this past week, I admit I found it difficult to land my brain long enough to get a little writing done. Friday was my day to type and prepare for my coach call and there were way too many interruptions. Why is it people think just because I am home I'm available and not really working, even though I say, hey, I'm a writer, and I work from home. Anyway, all the stalling around Friday means Sunday is a work day.

Writing Quote:  "You don't stop laughing  because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing." --Michael pritchard

Writing Tip: Inspire yourself. Buy a cheap notebook and fast writing pen. Carry them with you everywhere you go. And fill it with your daily deepest inner thoughts. Write from the heart.

Write something. Go ahead. I dare you.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

2 comments:

Janet Riehl said...

Linda,

The "Dear Reader" letters as posts are fun. It reminds me of my favorite books from the early 1900s I read as a child.

Love your office...the cozy mess.


Janet Riehl

Widow_Lady302 said...

Gotta love this office, even though it is getting fixed...I have no writing office (where ever I am with my laptop) and my art studio is a tiny room with bad light. Perhaps, someday...but I'm working and that's all that matters!