Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Day in the Life of Linda Della Donna, Writer

"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life." --Linda Della Donna


Today is Wednesday. In a little while my day will be ended. Soon as I hit send, it's off to relax with a good book, read, journal, cuddle my small dog, Izzy, and cuddle his little cat, Tux, then turn out the light. Because I'm exhausted. That's why.

But before I do, I want to share what my day was like today.

Wednesday is my day with Hunter and Zoey. Hunter and Zoey are my grandchildren. On Wednesdays I am up early in the morning. Because I love those two little guys and I can't wait to get to their house so I can spoil them rotten. If you want to see what it's like spending time with them, click on the video.

video


But my workmen are due so before I leave to play with the grandkids, I prepare breakfast for them. My workmen work very hard and most days I make a pot of coffee, a breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner for them. I don't mind, because I love to cook and will find any excuse to do it, and I want to reward my workmen for a job well done.

Here is a picture of french toast and bacon cooked on my new stove.


Breakfast at Teeny Tiny Apartment

My cabinets for my new workspace arrived. The picture below is what the front yard of my teeny tiny apartment looked like after the delivery truck unloaded them. They had to be opened, removed from the cartons, and carried up a small flight of steps, down a hall, and into the teeny tiny space they will occupy. It's hard to believe the contents of all those boxes fit inside my teeny tiny apartment.


Cabinets for Office

While I was out, the sofa arrived. My workmen took care of delivery. Alleluiah! I have a place to sit. Someplace to welcome guests. The photo below is a picture of the sofa after the new floor was dry and workmen laid the rug.


My New Sofa

I arrived home and found the cabinets partially installed. I have a bookcase! Yippee! Once the workmen had left, I began putting the books I had rested temporarily in my bedroom while the floors were being done in their new home.

This photo below shows the bookcase filled.

My New Bookcase


Not all my books fit into this one bookcase, but tomorrow an additional bookcase will be installed and I'll find homes for these books. *I hope*


More Books

There is not much space in my teeny tiny apartment, but I plan to utilize every square inch. As you can see from the photo below, one entire wall is devoted to my office. I can't wait!

This next photo is the making of my new home office. Do you like it? Huh? What do you think?


Office Wall - Work in Progress


Well, it's the end of the day, Dear Reader, and I'm exhausted. Soon as I hit send, well, you know.

Writing Tip for Today: Make time for writing. Even if it is ten minutes. Just do it.

Now go write something. Go ahead. I dare you.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

You are making EVERY INCH count!! Bravo Linda! Your apartment looks fantastic, love the floors and what you are doing with it all. Congrats to reclaiming and claiming your space.