Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday in Saratoga, NY

"What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"--Off a plaque at Joyce R's house.

Dear Reader,

It's the end of a long happy day. Really.

The floors at my teeny tiny apartment are being done and I have no place to stay. That was Friday early morning. I got on the internet and put out a shout to a friend, some girl I went to high school with and someone I hadn't seen in more than *hand over mouth* years ago. I said hi Joycie, looks like I'm hunting for a cheap motel. My floors are being done and between the vapors, fumes and not being able to walk on them, I got no place to sleep. It wasn't long before my high school buddy from 1966 emailed back and said hey Linda, why not drive up to Saratoga. She said I could stay at her house.

Imagine knocking on somebody's door, somebody you haven't seen in more than 40 years saying hi, remember me? Where's your guestroom? Well, that's kinda what happened.

I drove 287 West to Tappan Zee Bridge to 87 North, and three hours later, I was in Stillwater, NY at my friend's house. What a treat.


After my long drive, this is how I was greeted when I stepped on Joyce's front porch.




Joyce's House



My Friend Joyce R.

After a good night's sleep and a breakfast of best-I-ever ate scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, toast and coffee, Joyce and I headed out the door to Saratoga for a day of window shopping, touring Union Avenue, Broadway, and dinner at Hattie's, it was home again to Joyce's for tea and dessert.

It's been a wonderful weekend. A weekend filled with love, warmth, friendship, happiness, remembering old times and surprises supreme. Most of all, it's been a weekend of what I lovingly refer to as mourning joy.

Writing Tip: Keep an open mind. Ideas for writing are everywhere. Just carry a notebook and be ready to jot them down.

Now go write something.

Go ahead. I dare you.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

Note to Joyce R: To the hostess with the mostess, thank you!

No comments: