Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Murphy's Law

"Whatever can go wrong, will." --Some guy named Murphy



This is a picture of the living room with one coat of stain on it. It's just plain awful. And I hate it.

Today is a terrible horrible ugly day. Not really. It's just that the white pickled stain I had selected for my newly sanded floors looked terrible awful. I thought because it was a first coat, perhaps the second coat would look better. Not. It doesn't. It didn't.

What can I say?

Blame it on that guy named Murphy and the law he authored.

It's time to move forward.

The good news is the furniture company scheduled to deliver my new sofa on Saturday was sympathetic to my dilemma and they have agreed to push back my delivery to Tuesday.

My New New Floor Schedule is as follows:

Friday *that's today* the men rent the sanding machine. Again. They will sand the floors. Again. They will apply a new stain. A different stain. I promise I will pick out a no-color, something natural, clear stain that will brighten and lighten the room and not look like it had a paint job. I want to see the natural grain of the wood, but I do not want a dark stain, or anything that will cover the signature of wood grain, which is what was there originally and I hated it. Well, hate is a strong word, but it is true, I did not like it.

It was a disappointing morning to learn all the hard work the men went through was for naught and that I will have to deal with more saw dust. Again. But rather than get angry or upset, we'll forge forward. And start all over. Again.


Writing Tip:

No matter how hard you try, after you write a chapter in your book, to make it work, it may be best to not waste energy and just go back and redo the dang thing--Sometimes it's just plain best to start all over. Again.

Now go write something. I dare you.

I'm off to find a place to hang for the weekend. The floors must be done by Sunday, which means no walking on them until they are dry.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

No comments: