Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, October 22, 2010

Marvin Hamlisch - Thank You, Wherever You Are

"I'm stronger than yesterday. My loneliness ain't killing me anymore."--Taken from Glee

Last night I had the good fortune and pleasure of meeting Marvin Hamlisch. Well not really, but now that I got your attention--It was at Diller-Quaile School of Music in New York City. Mr. Hamlisch gave an interview and played the piano. I was lucky enough to be a part of the audience.

Wow.

I left awed and inspired to tackle the job of writing my book.

Mr. Hamlisch shook my hand. Thank you, Mr. Hamlisch, wherever you are. And thank you, also, to the generous individual who made it happen.

Tonight I spent hours working on my manuscript, yes, I got a book. Thanks to the inspiration of Marvin Hamlisch sitting so comfortably at a piano and watching him play, it was easy for me to sit down to my task at hand. I started at 3 p.m. this afternoon, it's after midnight, and I am still going strong. I'm grateful to Marvin Hamlisch for inspiring me.

I share with you a video of Mr. Hamlisch. Perhaps it will inspire you, too.

video

Marvin Hamlisch at the piano.



Today's Writing Tip:

Be inspired. Find someone, something, to tickle your muse.


Writing Quote:


"A dream is a goal with a deadline."--Anonymous

Now go write something.

Go ahead. I dare you.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

No comments: