Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Friday!


Breaking Through

"And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life." --Linda Della Donna


Happy Friday!


I've been busy typing, hard at work making a draft to send Suzanne, my writing coach. Monday morning is my weekly coach call. I need to be ready. I try not to self-indulge my nonsense thinking I can't do it, I just plod along, one stroke at a time.

Same goes for the work in my teeny tiny apartment. What seems like turtle pace, workers plod along, one room at a time.

Above is a video of workmen opening the wall separating my kitchen from the living room.

Betcha $5 you won't watch it to the end.

Because it's too darn noisy, that's why.

Pity me. I'm living with the noise. And writing a book.

But the work in my teeny tiny apartment must be done in order to make a better view. Without that hole in the wall, I can't see my kitchen when I'm sitting in the living room. And when sitting in my kitchen, I can't see my living room. I want to know what's behind that wall and unless workmen cut a hole in it, I remain in the dark.

Writing a book is hard work. Sometimes editing what it is I've just written is like walking a mile with my eyes closed, until I cut out a wall of words. Kinda like drilling a hole in a kitchen wall.

If you know what I mean.


Writing Quote:

Just as sometimes you need a person to be strong for you, maybe sometimes you need a person to be weak for you. --Lolly Winston

Writing Tip:

Cut it out. You heard me. Just take out the unnecessary wall of words in your work and help your reader see the light.


Now go write something. Go ahead. I dare you.

Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

Writing for me is easy...it is the editing that stalls me...Dare me to edit...or pay someone to do it for me...*facepalm*