Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good Night, Dear Reader

"Life only demands from you the strength you possess."--Dag Hammarskjold


Dear Reader,

It's been a long day. Yesterday the floors in my teeny tiny apartment were sanded.

Two workers used a big sanding machine to inch slowly across the floor in a straight line going with the grain of the old oak floor. The electrical wiring in my teeny tiny apartment is so old, workmen couldn't utilize two sanding machines at the same time without blowing a fuse. The project took twice as long. But I can't get over it. They never complained. They just dug in and got the job done.

Here are some pictures:


John is using a hand sander to get into the corners and edge close to the molding.


This is the big sanding machine. Gosh, is that machine noisy!


Sandpaper used for the floor is 20, 40, 60, and 100 grit. The higher the number sandpaper, the finer the grit.


More sanding.


And still more sanding.


Not done yet.


If you look on the face of the door in the background, you will see the outline of my book scribbled on packing paper. It's scotch taped to the door and it was the only place I could find to place my work without losing it.


It's the end of the day. The floor has been sanded down to raw wood.


Izzy inspects and gives his nod of approval.

Finishing a floor is like writing a book.

It's a slow process. But, the results are so rewarding!

That's it for now.

Tomorrow is a coat of stain. Day after that a second coat of stain. Day after that, the finish is applied.

I'll be out of touch, Dear Reader. Can't walk on the floors.

Please be sure to visit Griefcase.net and check out my facebook page, Griefcase. I'd sure like it if you'd become a fan of Griefcase. What do you say? Go ahead. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
If I can write a book, so can you.

1 comment:

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Linda,

I love, love, love seeing all the photos of your apartment as it starts to take shape. What a wonderful place it is becoming!