Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Writer's Life - I Remember


The Bathroom - Week 1

It's raining today. Yesterday I had my coach call with Suzanne Lieurance. We went over my marketing plan and reviewed the work I must do to write my book. I spent the morning typing and preparing for an afternoon interview with my neighbor in Connecticut. Mona is 93, a widow, and the best friend I have. I don't care what the weather is. This is an appointment I won't miss. I plan to get a rough draft of our interview done today.

The chapter I worked on yesterday didn't come easy. I kept writing and rewriting. But nothing was happening. Then I remembered I had an old journal from when Ed was alive. Back then I filled one notebook a month with my writing. I opened it and I found what I needed. Yippee alleluiah, boom, boom, the words to write my chapter came into view.

My writing tip for today:

Keep a journal. Get a cheap spiral bound, or hard covered notebook. Fill one a month with your writing. Date and label it. Paste favorite photos on the covers to inspire you. Carry it with you wherever you go. And save it.

Here's my quote for today. Hope it gets your fingers moving to get a little writing done.

"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once." --Lillian Dickson

Write something. Go ahead. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me.
Your book is yet to be.

2 comments:

Widow_Lady302 said...

I have a love/hate relationship with remodeling. I love how things look when their done, but hate everything else attached to the idea. I hate the tear up, the expense (I am cheap with myself), and I hate picking out things. I know a lot of women find it a joy, but shopping is top on the list of things I do like a man. If I ever get super rich, I'm going to have someone else shop for me all the time...my groceries, clothes...everything except gifts I love shopping for others. Ok Ramble there, but you get my point. I view my life like the remodeling project you have going on, and our loss like being gutted like that bathroom. I hate that too, but don't we all. Granted, once we fill everything back in with what we want we have something that is not only uniquely ours, but more than likely something that we are proud to have someone else see.

Forget the broads at the yacht club. If they aren't your friends now they never were and thankfully you found that out before someone put the metaphorical dagger in your back. Richard from what you describe has the soul of an STD...He grew on you, but once you get cured of it you'll realize how irritating he was. ;-) A man that wants to control how much you write and ESPECIALLY see your grandchildren is no man at all. I can only imagine the things decorum prevent you from saying as well.

I'm writing everyday...what I really need to EDIT. Have any quotes or inspiration about how I can edit? Edit is another thing on the top of my "hate" list.

Keep on keeping on Linda...love and Shalom girlie your "bathroom" is going to be beautiful once you get everything in its place.

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hey, Linda,

I love this blog. And the writing tips at the end of each post are great.

So, all you have to do now is keep writing!

Suzanne Lieurance