Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Writing Down the Bathroom



The Bathroom - Week 3

It is week 3 of renovating my bathroom. The tub is in and workmen work on the plumbing. In between walking Izzy and serving cold soda, I peek in from time to time. I don't want to put any pressure on anyone, but if you'll notice by the picture, there is no toilet or sink.

It's raining here in Westchester, NY. Hard harder hardest. It rained sideways all day. Weatherman promises more rain through the night and into tomorrow, making the morning commute a challenge.

Makes me glad I'm a freelance writer.

My quote for today:

"...I would recommend that you all just take a long deep breath, and stop. Just be where your butts are, and breathe."--Anne Lamott


Got 2 Writing tips today. Hope you like them.

Make a place to write. It can be the inside of a closet, a corner in your bedroom, or a briefcase you carry coffee shop to library.

Be in the moment. Before you write, sit. Place your hands, palms up in your lap. Half close your eyes. And breathe. In. Out. Concentrate on the breath in your nose.

Then write.
Something.
Anything.

Go ahead. I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Come journal with me
Your book is yet to be!

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

Oh, I can feel your grief over this loss as only another widow could. I can imagine that it mucks up old grief and anger, or at least could. Ever wonder or feel like saying to your late husband, "Yeah thanks for leaving me with these wolves." Naturally, it wasn't his fault or something he wanted, but I could see it happening none the less.

Toss this douche bag (sorry for the nasty languag) to the curb, he never was worthy of you, you my dear are a queen!