Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Writing Up a Storm



I'm on vacation. Vacation means never having to say I'm writing.

But I did. And I'm very happy about that.

Today I awakened to grey clouds, strong winds, and rough seas. I scrubbed my plans for a walk on the beach, brewed a cup of green tea, grabbed a pen and notebook and parked myself in the comfy sofa with a view of the restless ocean. I wrote.

As the winds wolfed loudly and rain pelted the sliding glass doors, I wrote, and I wrote, and I wrote.

Bingo! Before I knew it, I had words on paper--Chapter 1 of Part II, and a revision of Chapter 8--Hey, I was on a roll!

When I finally came up for air, it was some two hours later. I actually got a little writing done.

I didn't plan to write today. I didn't plan to sit indoors in a hotel room on a beach scribbling my brains out. But, I'm happy I did.

Because of an unexpected storm, I'm one baby step closer to fulfilling my promise and writing my book.

What about you? What's the weather like where you are?

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

I am snowed under in about 14 or more inches, with four and five feet drifts...but like you, I'm doing just fine with that. I got a good 2k words done on my book, putting me like you a step closer to making my promise to my husband come true too. Cheers to us, Linda!!