Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, January 4, 2010

A Monday



One of my most favorite things to do is collect quotes--some fine choice of words strung together by another person. Often, some other writer's words will motivate me to keep on keeping on even when I'm feeling like I have nothing to say.

Today is Monday and outside my window the sky is AOL blue and the earth is a blanket of white. I'm trying my hardest to get a little writiing done, but sometimes it happens I doubt who it is I am and what it is I'm doing, and I begin to question the why it is I think I can write a book in the first place.

That's when I turn to my treasure trove of quotes, the ones I've collected and saved through the years, for inspiration and motivation.

Here's a favorite. Hope it moves you as much as it moves me.

"Questioning your place in the professional hierarchy? You don't need a Ph.D. to be competent. You have life experience, and they should give degrees for that. For kicks make one up and hang it on your office wall." --from a Horoscope

That's it my fine penned friends. Time to get back to the task of getting a little writing done today.

What about you? What are your plans this bright white day? Got ten minutes?

Why not pick up a pen and joy-nal with me. If I can write a book, so can you.

:)L

1 comment:

Widow_Lady302 said...

Oh my goooodness I love that quote, if only they did give degrees for life experience, and practicle everyday work done above and beyond the normal expections. I think we would all have a PHD in something. Lovely blog as usual, my dear...I am listening =)