Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Tuesday




I need a magic wand. Something to wave over me to snap me out the funk I'm in. Call it After-Christmas-blues, Pre-New-Year jitters, whatevuh! But, darnittoday, I must and I will get a little writing done.

Some days are just plain impossible, if you know what I mean.

Yesterday, I sat down at the laptop to write. I meant to, I really did. But, instead of writing, here is a list of the things I did:



I tossed a ball to Izzy. Izzy is a dog.

Then I sat down to type. Then I got up again.

I pet Tux. Tux is Izzy's cat.

After that, I sat down to type. Then I got up again.

I vacuumed the den. The living room.

I cleaned the toilet bowl.

After that, I sat down to type.

Then, I got up again.

I went to the kitchen and made a pot of chili.

I returned to my desk. Sat down. Then I got up, again.

I walked to the mail box. Got the mail. Picked up the paper in the driveway.

Returned to the house. Stirred the pot of chili.

Well, you get the picture.

I did sit down to work on my writing. And after I picked my nails, I did write.

But today. I just gotta sit and get the job done.


Hey, if I can write a book. So can you.

No comments: