Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday, December 21, 2009

Brrr! Baby it's cold outside! Over the weekend, the northeast received snow. Outside my window is a blanket of white--10"!

I took a break from writing over the weekend, shopped for presents, wrapped them, too, and decorated the family room a little. Each window in our house has a candle, not a real one, silly, but the type you plug into a wall outlet. Holiday cards line the fireplace mantle and I even put out a menorah in one window in celebration of the Jewish holidays and honoring the memory of my late husband, Edward Louis Sclier.

But very important, today I worked on updating my resume' and writing my little book.

My idea for this little book I'm writing is something I've written especially for other widows. What I need to do now is prepare a cover letter, put together a proposal, some special words to entice an all-knowing editor to accept my work. So, most of my day was spent noodling and typing words for that.

In addition, in the back of my brain is the other book I'm writing. Chapters 5, 6 and 7 are percolating--Also, they are my hard, harder, hardest chapters to write, so far.

I practice patience and taking time to celebrate the holidays.

No comments: