Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday, December 30, 2009



"Good writing is a kind of skating which carries off the performer where he would not go."
--Ralph Waldo Emerson


There are days I must stop and think hard to remember what it was I ate for breakfast.

Was it dry cereal with a splash of whole milk, raisin toast slathered in butter, orjust my usual cup of black coffee?

Seems the aging process bleeds into the corners of my brain and always when I least expect it, leaving me a struggling disorganized mess.

Trying hardest as I possibly can to keep ahead of the office clutter, my household chores, errands to the gas station to fill a car with fuel, I lose, misplace, or simply forget where it is I put my car keys, to pick up an extra container of milk, or am unable to locate a special file folder pertaining to my writing, the one marked, "Work to be Done," leaving me limp as a wind sock after the storm.

Today is one of those days.

I have just located the file folder. Yippee. Hooray.

So that is my writing day today.

Now I'm off to gas up the Corolla, pick up a quart of milk, and take time out for a lunch with my friend.

Have a great day.

I'm peddling hard as I can. Trying my hardest to write my book.

What about you?

If I can write a book, so can you.

Go ahead. I dare you.

No comments: