Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 72



"You are what your deep, driving desire is.
As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny."
--Brihadaranyaka Upanishad IV.4.5

I didn't do any writing today. Instead, I caught up on some reading. I picked up a book on writing, something I had in my own personal library. I learned that when it comes to writing a book, there is no magic fairy dust to sprinkle over a blank sheet of paper, self-doubt is normal, understandable, almost permissible. Hard work, determination, single-mindedness is what will get the job done.

And now for my favorite famous line from the Wizard of Oz, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain..." I'm learning to apply it to the task of writing my book, keep my pen moving, write under all circumstances, ignore the monkey in my brain, keep writing, keep writing, keep writing.

Tomorrow is a new writing day.

Time to turn out the light.

Time to say goodnight.

*click*

Goodnight.

1 comment:

Advent Reflections said...

Oh, Linda, and I always thought "you are what you eat" silly me. congratulations of your progress. Thank you for sharing it with the world. It nurtures and encourages. can't wait for the Blue Moon. love, beverly