Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 63



Shut up and write. --Natalie Goldberg

That's what I tell myself whenever I stop and question what it is I'm writing.

I've got questions. Lots of questions. And they repeat over and over again, like a loud radio with no volume knob, inside my head. Along with mounting criticism about my title, my opening sentence, my chapters two, three and four.

Without sounding like an internet ad, it's the reason I hired a writing coach. What I am refering to is sometimes called monkey mind.

No matter what you call it, it's a trap, something inside each writer to get us to stop writing.

Today I started my other book. My other book is called a companion book, and a companion book is a book that is supposed to stand alone, it has nothing to do with my other book. Am I making sense?

My goal in writing this book is to send a message and let all widows know that we're not alone.

Soon as I got something to share, I'll enclose a snippet.

In the meantime, it's back to the drafting board, back to reminding me to just shut up and write.

Best answer to my questions about my writing is best taken from my favorite line in the Wizard of Oz, "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."


:)L

No comments: