Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Suzanne Lieurance - Day 49 - I get writing done with a little nudge from my coach




Today is Thursday.

Thursday is going to be a good day.

My plan? Seize the day!

And a good day is when I get a little writing done.

Thankfully, I have the support of a writing coach.

Her name is Suzanne Lieurance and I've known Suzanne since 2000 back when I took my first online children's writing course. At the completion of my Core of Three children's writing class, I recognized how good Suzanne is as a teacher, and I followed her to Institute of Children's Literature taking a 4-credit children's writing course with her there.

In 2005, when I wanted to learn more about the writing craft, I contacted Suzanne and signed with her for another writing course helping me to learn and write my Griefcase blog for widows and individuals going through the grief process. Under Suzanne's mentorship, I wrote 50 free ezine articles. There's more, but there isn't time and space to fill you in on that. You can learn more about Suzanne and the help she gives writers everywhere at workingwriterscoach and buildyourbusinesswrite Tell Suzanne, Linda Della Donna sent you.

Writing my book to fulfill my promise to Ed is very important to me. And it is the reason I contacted Suzanne once again and hired her to coach me through the process. No. Suzanne does not tell me what to write. No, she doesn't stand over me with a stick to beat me if I don't write. What Suzanne does is nudge me gently to get a little writing done. And answer my questions. I like knowing that there is this professional with 22 books under her belt looking over my shoulder.

That's it.

I just want the world out there to know that the writing journey is different for everyone. Not everyone can sit down and write a book cover to cover in one sitting. Whew! I get exhausted just thinking about that. But, I've discovered some one thing that works well for me, and my writing--Suzanne Lieurance. There. That's my secret. At least one of them anyhow.

As for today, Thursday, November 19, 2009, it's time for me to get to work on Chapter 4. Time for me to get a little writing done.

Carpe diem!

Time for a good day.

And if I can write a book, so can you.

:)Linda Della Donna

1 comment:

Josie Iselin said...

glad to see my book Heart Stones book on your list....you'll love my new one coming next spring...let me know your e-mail and I will put you on my e-newsletter list so you won't miss it. yes writing is hard but good. Keep at it.

All the best Josie Iselin
www;josieiselin.com
josieiselin@earthlink.net