Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, November 27, 2009

Day 58




"It takes me six months to do a story. I think it out and then write it sentence by sentence--no first draft. I can't write five words but that I change seven. --Dorothy Parker


All Thanksgiving company has left. At long last, the house is quiet. And, it is back to work, back to getting down to the nitty-gritty of writing my story.

I got some reading done last night after everyone was in bed. I read "The Glass Castle," by Jeannette Walls.

Wow!

At the moment I'm having difficulty remaining focused. Holiday cooking, cleaning, hello-ing and goodbye-ing, working on two books at the same time, having written so many free ezine articles, I'm feeling empty, like there is nothing in me left to write with or about.

I have discovered that writing is like a lot like the grief process--Better to take it one baby step at a time--in this case, one sentence at a time.

If I can write a book, so can you.

*click* Goodnight.

:)L

P.S. If you get a chance, I'd just love it if you stopped by my other blog, www.griefcase.blogspot.com

No comments: