Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, November 23, 2009

Day 54 - Writing Tip - Writer's Block? Take a Walk



"The idea is to get the pencil moving quickly." --Bernard Malamud

Well, today I went for a walk. The sky was gray, the air was crisp, so I bundled myself in woolen scarf, sweatshirt, put on my comfortable walking shoes and went for a walk. I walked the perimeter of the grounds of the country club near where I live. I passed the Osprey nest, sorry, nobody was home, and took in the view of the Long Island Sound. Autumn leaves crisped beneath my feet. Squirrels gathered acorns and scurried past me.

And, guess what?

Before I knew it, I was stopped alongside a split rail fence scribbling my heart out. Good thing I carry a pen and pad of sticky notes.

By the time I finished walking, I realized I had gotten a little writing done.

It's a chapter, or the makings of one.

So my tip for today is if you're feeling a bit blocked and think you can't get any writing done...Get out the house...Go take a walk!

Betcha two nickels, something good will pop out your pen.

If I can write a book, so can you.

*click* Goodnight.

:)L

1 comment:

Laurie Rozakis, Ph.D. said...

Thank you for endorsing my book. I wish you the very best.

Laurie Rozakis