Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Day 48 - Working For the Common Good



Today I wrote the first sentence of Chapter 4.

I began with the truest ever sentence. It became two sentences, then three. And before I knew it, I had one paragraph. Hey, it's a start.

I didn't think I would get time to write today. I didn't plan to write today. But suddenly the planets fell into perfect alignment, the stars twinkled their brightest, the dining room chandelier sparkled perfectly, and best of all, my grandson, the little guy I look after two days a week, took a siesta. Ahhh, time to write my paragraph.

I'm learning that it is not easy to write a book, and it's okay if I don't spit out a thousand words a day. Some days will be great writing days, and some days, I will celebrate one sentence.

Writing my book, I've discovered, is like a grief journey--breathe in, breathe out, Inhale, exhale, take baby steps. When writing, expect the unexpected; concentrate on one line at a time, and just believe.



If I can do it, so can you.


Tomorrow I planned to write the entire day. But, as luck would have it, a friend asked to stop by at 2 p.m. At first I thought to reschedule, what with wanting to work on chapter 4 and maybe write an ezine article, but the friend is bringing a niece of hers along, someone who is willing to clean my home, for a price, of course, in order to free me up to write my book. Soooooooo....

I plan to write 3 hours, knocking off at 2 p.m. instead of 3 p.m.

No comments: