Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 44



Today is Sunday. And I'm getting ready to write Chapter 4.

Thoughts about Chapters 1 thru 3 are scouring my brain, and I'm making notes about what to go back and weave into what I have written. These are things I remembered after I wrote those chapters and forgot to put in. My notes are on yellow stickies. Right now they are on my desk, stuck to the glass table I sit and type at. But, soon, they will be placed inside the proper folder of the chapter each note refers to. They will act as reminder to fix what may need fixing, if you know what I mean.

I am not able to just sit down and write. At least not now. What I need to do in order to write this next chapter, based on the way I wrote my last three chapters, is to first mull it over in my brain, noodle it, it's kinda like gardening, first I must work the soil before I can plant my seeds. I will spend today doing what it is I usually do, today I have singing practice, yes, I joined a singing group and I must practice for that, I know I'm getting off on a tangent here, but it gives me something to do besides sitting behind a desk and writing, and, as I go about all my regular activities this crisp autumn day, my brain will be noodling *I just love that noodle word* the scene. I need to transport myself back to a distant time, where my new chapter takes place. This takes effort. I have discovered that if I carry a sticky pad and pen with me, I can make short notes. Stickies are small *I have them in all sizes* and they fit easily into my pants pocket, along with a pen. I like that I can jot on them and then marry them to a proper file for me to review later when I do the sit down thing and write with my pen thing. In this case, tomorrow. It's just my ritual, one that prepares my mind, centers my thoughts, and helps me focus on my story.

Oh, yes, one more thing I do when I write. And yes, it makes the world of difference for me. When I write, my first draft, must be handwritten, pen on paper. Not, fingers to keyboard.

That's just me.

Okay. That's my entry for today.


*click* Goodnight.

No comments: